Select an Organic Queen Mattress That Suits You
When choosing a mattress, some of the most important factors to consider are the size, the materials it is made of, and how you sleep. That way, you can avoid buying a bed that is too small for you or too big for your room, and you can be sure that can sleep soundly and comfortably. The organic queen mattress is popular with couples who may want a slightly smaller bed to save space. Typically measuring 60 inches wide and 80 inches long, the queen mattress is ideal for couples who prefer to sleep close to each other, as well as for guest rooms. Here are a few pointers to help you choose the right organic queen mattress that suits you:
- Verify the size – Take note that the size of a queen mattress may vary by manufacturer, so be sure to verify that you are buying the right size.
- Be brand conscious – It is okay to be brand conscious when it comes to organic mattresses. Some of the brands you should consider are Green Sleep, Royal-Pedic, and Shepherd’s Dream and the store’s private label.
- Read the label – Find out what the organic queen mattress is made of. Consider a mattress that is made of natural Dunlop rubber or latex from Malaysia or Sri Lanka. If it has cotton or wool, make sure the material is 100 percent organic and never a blend of synthetic recycled fibers.
- Verify that the mattress is certified organic – As you read the label, be sure to check for certifications that guarantee the authenticity of the materials. Certified organic materials, like natural Dunlop latex, is manufactured following the Global Organic Latex Standard. Organic cotton and natural wool must be certified organic from field to the finished product.
- Buy from the right source – Buy an organic queen mattress only from an established and reputable store that is a member of the Organic Trade Association, highly rated by the Better Business Bureau, and certified by Green America. Some of the best organic mattress retailers have their own private label, too.