Organic Crib Mattress – Naturally Safe Baby Products
Organic crib mattresses are made using natural materials like natural latex, organic cotton, and pure chemical free wool. Most manufacturers use a combination of these materials or other natural products to fashion a healthy, hypo-allergenic, and safer alternative to chemically-doused traditional mattresses that can be harmful to your baby’s health. Organic mattresses offer a host of benefits over traditional crib cushions, which is why many parents are making the switch. Here are major things you should think about when deciding to switch to organic cribs:
- Organic crib mattresses are flame resistant, yet are free from chemical flame retardants that cause all kinds of harm to baby’s body. Organic, and chemical free wool has natural flame resistant properties, which makes it an effective substitute for PBDEs and other chemicals that are present in traditional mattresses. The more chemicals you expose your baby’s body to, the more chances of developing sickness and health issues they have.
- Organic crib mattresses are hypoallergenic. They prevent allergens from accumulating and are free from chemical allergens themselves. More than this, organic mattresses also don’t contain chemicals that off-gas toxic fumes that babies can breathe in. These chemicals that traditional mattresses expose your child to can negatively impact their health by damaging the tissues in the lungs. In fact, traditional chemicals that are used in ordinary mattresses have long been linked to various health conditions like asthma, lung cancers, and a lot more.
- Organic crib mattresses reduce chances of SIDS. A New Zealand scientist has made a connection between chemicals that off-gas in traditional mattresses and SIDS. Switching to healthier mattresses can, therefore, reduce infant death because of SIDS. More than this, letting your child sleep in a chemical-free environment helps them develop better and prevents them from acquiring harmful toxins in their bodies.
- Organic crib mattresses offer comfort. Because they are made out of materials that have the capability to regulate temperature, organic mattresses help keep your child warm during colder weathers and cool during warmer months. Wool, for instance, is a natural insulator, which makes it a good choice for those living in areas with erratic climates.
- Organic crib mattresses are dust mite free. As earlier mentioned, organic mattresses keep allergens away from the bed area and this includes dust mites and similar types of pests. With an organic crib mattress, you make your child’s bed naturally resistant to these kinds of contaminants, keeping them safe and healthy through the night.
About the Author:
Dennis and Leora Hornick are the owners of the The Organic Mattress Store Inc. They started this business in 2004 and within a few years it became a big brand store in Pennsylvania and the East Coast, all the way to California.
The Organic Mattress Store Inc. is a well-known organic mattress store in Pennsylvania, New York, and New Jersey. They provide mattresses made up of Dunlop Latex, 100% certified organic cotton and pure wool. They are the market leaders in natural and organic mattress. They have all big brands in their store like Green Sleep, Royal-Pedic, WJ-Southard, Shepherds Dream, etc, for you to come in to try out.