An average person spends at least a third of his life in bed. A baby spends anywhere between 12 to 16 hours of its day sleeping, even more on most days. Because we spend much time in bed, it is only practical to find a healthy alternative to chemical-soaked mattresses that slowly damage health.
Mattresses, crib mattresses included, are required by law to be resistant to fire. Traditionally, this is done by treating mattresses with synthetic chemicals that are potentially toxic and even carcinogenic. However, there are ways to treat mattresses in a safer manner to make them fire resistant, such as using natural wool fibers that naturally retards fire. This alone should be reason to leave chemically soaked mattresses for organic ones that are virtually free from toxic chemicals, but there are plenty other reasons why you should consider buying organic mattresses over the traditional kind:
- Organic mattresses are made of organic, natural components free from harsh and toxic chemicals that traditional mattresses are oozing with. Apart from this, many of these materials have natural properties that add comfort and protection to users.
- Wool, for instance, is one of the most valuable components of natural organic mattresses. They offer temperature and moisture regulation, while also providing fire retardants. Natural wool fibers have the ability to regulate moisture and temperature. Organic mattresses with wool components can therefore help keep the user warm or cool depending on the temperature while wicking away moisture, keeping the bed from accumulating wetness. Wool even acts as an effective insulator, which helps maintain a comfortable body temperature.
- Organic cotton boasts breath ability and is less flammable than PVC. Cotton also offers comfort because its fibers are naturally soft and smooth to the touch.
- Durability is another major advantage of natural organic mattresses, particularly those made out of dunlop latex rubber. We like the kind coming out of Guatemala, but here is good latex coming out of India as well. Natural latex is dense enough to allow firmness without the need for innersprings. This helps keep the mattress’ shape well throughout the 25 year warranty that comes with the product.
- Dunlop Latex is also hypoallergenic, thus helping you prevent unwanted attacks. It also has antimicrobial properties and is very resistant to dust mites.It is also mold resistant.
When shopping for organic mattresses always check the label of your product of choice to see its specifications and only buy from trusted manufacturers and distributors to ensure value for your money.
About the Author:
Dennis and Leora Hornick are the owners of the Organic Mattress Store Inc. They started this business in 2004 and within a few years it became a big brand store in Pennsylvania and the East Coast, all the way to California.
The Organic Mattress Store Inc. is a well-known organic mattress store in Pennsylvania, New York, and New Jersey. They provide mattresses made up of Dunlop Latex,100% certified organic cotton and pure wool. They are the market leaders in natural and organic mattress. They have all big brands in their store like Green Sleep, Royal-Pedic, WJ-Southard, Shepherds Dream, etc, for you to come in to try out.