Mattresses do not merely serve as a comfortable surface for sleeping on your bed. Your choice in mattress can affect your overall health and well-being, too. Typical twin mattresses tend to be manufactured and treated with harmful and toxic chemicals, which can off-gas and become absorbed by your body by breathing or through your skin. Many of these chemicals, especially flame-retardants, have been linked to cancer and other chronic conditions. If you are serious about improving your health and quality of sleep, then it may be time for you to get the best organic twin mattress in town. Use these tips for an easier and authentic purchase:
- Know what the mattress is made of – Do not believe what you read at first glance. Even when the mattress is labeled, ‘organic’ or ‘natural’, you still need to be vigilant and examine the materials, which were used in its construction. If the label reveals a lot of chemicals and additives that sound foreign to you, then avoid that mattress. An authentic organic twin mattress will be made only with a few familiar materials, such as organic cotton, organic wool, or natural latex.
- Be sure it is 100 percent organic and natural – The best twin organic mattress must be made purely of organic material. Hence, avoid products that are made of only 60 percent organic cotton and the rest are polyester and other synthetic fibers. Some of the best authentic Dunlop latex twin mattresses are made from rubber harvested from trees in Malaysia or Sri Lanka.
- Buy from a store that specializes in organic mattresses – Make sure the retailer has a showroom that you can visit to personally view its selection of organic twin mattresses. Look up the reputation of the store and make sure that it is recognized as a reputable and trustworthy seller of organic mattresses, and that it has been in business for at least a decade.
- Verify certifications – Make sure the organic mattress retailer is a Green America certified business and a member of the Organic Trade Association. Moreover, make sure that the store is accredited by the Better Business Bureau, too.
- Request a catalog from the retailer – Some reputable organic mattress retailers can provide a free catalog upon request. This is a good chance for you to explore its products first before you head to the showroom and actual store. Be sure to take note of the brands of organic mattresses that they carry. Some examples of the best brands of organic mattresses are WJ Southard, Royal-Pedic, Shepherd’s Dream, and Green Sleep. Some stores have their own private label, too, so be sure to check that out as well.
- www.theeastcoastorganicmattressstore.com 484-851-3636