An Insight on Organic Mattresses
With so-called ‘green products’ being all the rage these days, you might be skeptical about things that are labeled ‘organic’—and that’s understandable because the market is saturated with misleading claims. That said, organic mattresses are still the way to go especially when you are expecting a newborn and if you are looking to start a healthier lifestyle for your entire family. Investing in non-toxic products is probably one of the best decisions you will ever make for your family quality of life.
As human beings, we spend about one third of our lives in bed, which means what we sleep on truly has a significant effect on our bodies as well as our health. Mattresses are long-term investments not only when it comes to comfort, but in terms of health as well. Organic mattresses are made out of different kinds of organic materials such as 100% certified organic cotton, natural latex, or pure wool, or a blend of these materials along with other approved mixtures.
Ideally, these materials are cultivated without using any pesticides. This and all other best practices make organic mattresses the best choice of sleeping implements, especially for babies. There are many benefits to using organic mattresses, the most significant of which have to do with health factors.
In essence, organic mattresses are defined as mattresses that are the cleanest out there, and have been manufactured with the use of natural and organic products. These mattresses must also comply with organic certifications in order to be labeled ‘organic.’ Out of all the advantages of using organic mattresses, the following are the most significant:
- Most organic mattresses are fire retardant (or at least meet fire retardant regulations), without necessarily using flame-resistant chemicals. Wool is the natural fire retardant in organic mattresses today.
- Organic mattresses are mostly hypo-allergenic.
- Organic mattresses are highly durable ,which makes them a green choice
- Organic mattresses can effectively support the body, alleviate pressure, and regulate body temperature, which means the user stays warm during cold days and cool during warmer seasons.
- Using organic mattresses reduces your overall carbon footprint as these products are free from harmful toxins that most other types of mattresses release into the air.
Organic mattresses offer many health benefits that are invaluable, especially when considering long-term health effects. Choose organic bed mattresses from suppliers that maintain the highest standards when it comes to their organic products, and never settle for less than what the most trusted mattress manufacturers can offer.
About the Author:
Dennis and Leora Hornick are the owners of the Organic Mattress Store Inc. They started this business in 2004 and within a few years it has become a big brand store in Pennsylvania.
The Organic Mattress Store Inc. is a well known organic mattress store in Pennsylvania. They provide mattresses made up of 100% certified cotton,pure wool, and natural latex. They are the market leaders in organic mattresses. They have all big brands in their store like Green Sleep, Royal-Pedic, WJ Southard, Shepherds Dream, Heart of Vermont,etc.