5 Reasons to Choose a Natural Latex Mattress over an Innerspring
A natural Latex mattress may be a smarter compared to a conventional innerspring mattress if you want to improve the quality of your sleep and wake up feeling better and refreshed. Mattresses that are certified natural and organic are made of high-quality organic wool and cotton.. They may cost more than the usual mattress, but their benefits will easily outweigh their price. Here are five reasons to choose a natural latex mattress:
- It is healthier – A natural latex mattress is ideal for people with respiratory issues like asthma and hay fever because it can repel dust mites. Organic wool naturally has lanolin, which helps prevent dust mites from thriving on your bed, too. Natural latex can maintain a neutral temperature, so it does not run cold or hot. It also naturally wicks moisture away.
- It is safer – Conventional innerspring mattresses tend to be treated with flame retardants to comply with government standards. However, these flame retardants have been proven harmful in the long run due to off-gassing of toxic chemicals. Natural mattresses are free from harmful and toxic substances. They do not need to be treated with harsh chemicals because they are naturally fire retardant and dust mite repellent.
- It is more durable – High-quality natural latex mattresses can last for more than 20 years without deteriorating. The rubber may take shape and follow the contours of your body, but it quickly resumes its original shape when you get up.
- It is more comfortable – Natural mattresses are manufactured to meet the demands in various comfort levels. They come in many firmness levels, so you should be able to find a natural latex mattress that is comfortable to you. With the right firmness, your body gets the support it needs, so you wake up without any backaches and sore spots. Natural wool helps cool the body when it is hot, and warm the body when it is cold.
- Some stores offer financing – A natural mattress may be a greater investment than conventional foam and innerspring mattresses, but buying it should be easier on your pocket when you buy from a reputable retailer that offers financing. Be sure to look for financing options or ask about them.